st mark’s college namagoma uganda
The College Name:
Deciding on the name of an institution can be very difficult, especially for a school whose name many people will have strong attachment throughout their lives. In choosing “St. Mark’s College Namagoma” the founders had the following in mind:
1. The name immediately relates to Christianity and hence God. It is a beautiful idea to have God at the center of the College.
2. St. Mark’s style of writing in the bible emphasized Jesus’ actions as opposed to words. This is a good guide on how to work. “Action not words determine our destiny”.
3. It is a standard way of naming schools and colleges in Uganda. This makes it generally acceptable or would receive limited criticism.
4. The name is generally easy to remember. Ugandans and non-Ugandans can easily remember and pronounce St. Mark. The addition of Namagoma gives it the location address to avoid any possible confusion with any other St. Mark’s within and outside Uganda.
5. There are not many schools in Uganda with that name. Only one Secondary School. This makes it different and Unique.
To provide top quality secondary education that nurtures in our students a zest for life, a spirit of enterprise, community service, and leadership. The College aims at providing a balanced education curriculum to students so that they can be adaptable to the ever-changing domestic and global environment.
The College vision is to be a leading academic institution in Uganda and in the East African region producing highly successful and respected people in the different aspects of life.
Our philosophy is to value all students for their individual abilities and special talents. This helps to enable students to grow into mature, compassionate, honest and honorable individuals. Specifically, the curriculum aims at creating individuals who:
i) Are resourceful and responsible citizens
ii) Will promote national unity and harmonious communities
iii) Will display a high sense of discipline, ethical and spiritual values
iv) Will take collective responsibility, love and care for others and respect public property
v) Have skills for analyzing and solving problems and have a high sense of innovation and positive attitudes towards work
for more detail visit website st mark’s college namagoma